I have been thrilled to see so many Western Cape residents cycling and running on beaches. The police have their hands full at the moment, arresting walkers and cyclists – no doubt enjoying the thrill of the chase. It pains me to say this but I have a new begrudging respect for cyclists who disregard the exercise hours. I still consider cycling to be an abhorrent sport, infested by lycra-clad road fascists but I am willing to align myself with their mission.
We all know that the lockdown is completely illegitimate. We all know that the models have been wrong. We all know that the WHO and the international governance agencies are corrupt. It is time to end the lockdown and the Western Cape must be the hot spot of civil disobedience.
The DA has ruled the Western Cape for over a decade. It is high time that they act on behalf of the residents of the Western Cape. I have a plan.
The DA should do the following:
- Tell the ANC that the residents of the Western Cape will abide by WHO recommendations such as social distancing and sanitizing.
- The Western Cape will follow the Swedish model of curbing the pandemic.
- All businesses in the Western Cape will be opened with immediate effect, with regulations on sanitizing and social distancing.
- The sale of alcohol, cigarettes and e-commence will commence in an unfettered manner.
- Residents can exercise whenever and wherever they please.
- The SANDF and the police will be prohibited from arresting anyone who doesn’t abide by the national regulations.
- Start a legal fund to defend every single case of unlawful arrest in the Western Cape.
While this list is not exhaustive, it is a good start. The DA will be using the most scientifically accurate evidence to curb Covid 19 and protect their economy at the same time. It is what the residents want and the DA must represent the interests of their constituency.
Therefore, Alan Winde needs to put his lycra costume on and cycle outside of the designated hours, with a camera crew in tow. When the police arrest him for ‘violating the lockdown’, the ensuing media circus must be used to ram home the message: the lockdown is illegitimate and the Western Cape will not abide by it. This will cause a mass civil disobedience movement that will undermine the legitimacy of the lockdown.
Whether the Western Cape can legally do so is beyond the purview of this post. However, the ANC will have to prove that their regulations and lockdown models are sound and based on rationality. I am not sure that they can do so.
So, come on. Let’s get the DA and the Western Cape on board with cutting edge science and international Covid 19 standards. Let’s free the Western Cape from the clutches of the commie ANC. Let’s tell the ANC that their lockdown is illegitimate, irrational and harmful to millions of South Africans who did not vote for it. Let the DA be the party of that defeats the ANC at their own game.
Let freedom reign in the Western Cape. Let’s get Alan Winde arrested.
If you like what you read, please consider funding Morning Shot.